Next Generation Mentor Training Overview
"The prayerful investment in the life of a young leader is one way that God has given you to change the world." ~ John Hawkins
To equip committed and mature LEI* alumni and volunteers through the mentor training program to become LEI mentors to help fulfill LEI’s vision of blessing and redirecting our country toward God-honoring leadership through our marriages, families, careers, communities and churches.
*Leadership Edge, Inc
Requirements for Participants
We appreciate your interest in participating in the Leadership Edge (LEI) Next Generation mentor training program. To ensure your success in the training program as well as the cohort discussion sessions, we ask that you agree to the following:
- Accept the Bible as the written word of God which reveals to us God’s truth and is our guide in all matters of faith and practice. LEI mentor training is developed on this basis of understanding.
- Accept the LEI personal vision statement (PVS) which serves as the core framework of LEI mentor training.
- Commit to prepare for the weekly training sessions by reading and responding to the modules.
- Commit to complete the four training sessions. If you must miss one of the live web sessions, you must either attend the live session of a different cohort (when applicable) OR listen to the recording of the training session that was missed. Due to the value of participant discussions, more than one absence (of the four live sessions per cohort) will disqualify the participant from fulfilling completion requirements of this cohort.
- Commit to prayerfully consider your interest and fit to become a LEI mentor. This decision will occur following completion of the training as it is mutually agreed up by the participant and the LEI staff.
The LEI mentor training program consists of 7 training modules, with each module including a written lesson. Be prepared to discuss the modules according to the outline below in the four web-based discussions. LEI staff leading the session will emphasize major points, guide participant discussion, provide examples and answer questions about the materials.
- Read and reflect on each module prior to web-based cohort discussion.
- Participate in each of the four web-based training discussions. If one session is missed, listen to the session recording. Due to the value of the group discussions, missing more than one session will disqualify the participant from fulfilling completion requirements.
- Complete the end of course mentor training response form which will provide to LEI staff your thoughts about the training, how you plan to use the training and your thoughts about becoming a LEI mentor to next generation leaders.
Expectation after Completion
Our hope is that those who complete this training will become mobilized LEI Next Generation Mentors. This is not a requirement for beginning or completing the training. Those who complete the training requirements and commit at the end of training to mentor at least one mentee for 4 months will be certified as a “Leadership Edge Mentor.” We also hope that many of those who complete this mentor training program will eventually serve with us in training other mentors.